Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Rohto® Eyedrop: Too Cool for The Eyes?

Being a gamer, and a tech-junkie, I often get dry eyes that results in itch and swelling due to the long hours spent in front of the screen. The side effects was even worst for me back then when I was still studying. because I was spending at least 14 hours in front of the computer! Because, not only do I have the urge to constantly rub my eyes, I was starting to have blurred visions.

While I was at the peak of my studies and work, I received a parcel from the Mentholatum Company.

Source: http://www.hercampus.com/school/george-mason/spring-re-awakening

ROHTO® COOL: TIRED EYES RELIEF
They are known to be Japan's No. 1 sought after brand for eye drops and they are gaining international recognition, not just in Malaysia but also in Thailand, Hong Kong, U.S. and Europe. They claimed that their eye drops provides an instant refresh to the eyes and it is highly recommended for people who are constantly in front of the computer screens. More so, it is stated to be suitable to use even when there's contact lens on.


EXPERIENCE
So, I gave them a try immediately because I needed something to relief my tired and dry eyes but crap! It hurts like hell! The burning/"cooling" sensation made me teared so badly that I could not get my eyes to open for a good minute. Panicked that I might be allergic to the formula because it stinks rather than feeling the cooling sensation, I googled about them and found that it is actually normal to experience that as it is so cooling that your eyes feels like it's burning...

Anyone with a sane mind would be worried about the reliability of the product as it felt like I am pouring acid into my eyes. My skepticism made me research about them and I found out that a few years back the brand got themselves caught in a really sticky situation because consumers were skeptical about the "cooling" sensation being good for the eyes in a long run. Recalls happened, investigation took place. Fortunately, it was resolve and they are now fully approved and recognized by the FDA and US law regulations as an over-the-counter Ophthalmic Drug Products Monograph.

That information definitely put my eyes, heart and soul into feeling relief as my eyes are safe and sound. After much tears shed by the product, my eyes did feel a lot better immediately. In fact, it was no longer itchy nor red within a day after using it twice.

And as the more often I use it, the "cooling" sensation was less dreadful. Though, I still do not like the sensation it put my eyes through though I do use it once in a while as an emergency aid for immediate relief.


SUMMARY
Even though on first trial it hurts the eyes like hell, ROHTO Cool is definitely one of the best eye drops I have ever tried as the outcome is amazing. I would only recommend this product to the brave souls who are able to handle the so called "cooling" sensation and to those who are looking for an immediate relief to tired and dry eyes. I would definitely get them again in the near future if I ever need that quick relief.

NOTE
Like every other over-the-counter eye drops, do not use this product for long-term. Dispose them off 3 months after opening them.

"COOLING" LEVEL
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

PRICE
RM16.90 available at all leading pharmacies and hypermarket.

RATINGS
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

For more information about Rohto Eye Drop and other products Rohto has to offer, visit Rohto Mentholatum Official Website Page.

Let me know in the comment section below on your experience with Rohto Eye Drop!

With love,
Tara

1 comment:

Copyright © 2014 Reckoning Girl