Saturday, December 31, 2016

Who Is The Best Of You? [Reflection of 2016]

2016 is coming to an end and it is the time of the year where we will reflect back at what we have done or achieve over the past 365 days of 2016.


It is also the time where you thank the people around you and the new friends you have made this year. So, before 2016 comes to a full end, I would like to ask all of you to just take this moment and ponder upon this question,

"Who is the best of you?" - Julie


Yes, it is a simple question yet, many will take some time to ponder upon the question before answering.


Reminiscences of your close ones, remembrance of your darkest times, moments when you've accomplished goals will flood through your thought process in a blink of an eye.

That is the sole purpose of this Movement started by Julie's biscuits since 2014, titled The Best of You.


REFLECTION
One thing that I have learned about endings is that time waits for no one. As cliche as it sounds, like it or not, the end of 2016 is just a few hours away. Feelings of regrets, remorse and the cries for 2016 not to come to an end because of unfinished goals and task will wait for no one.


And another thing that I have learned in 2016 is that be it a bad or a good experience whether it is at your workplace, your friends gathering or at home. All experiences will only shape us to be a better person.



So, do not wait for another day to appreciate the ones close to you. Be it your colleagues, your pets, your friends or your family, take these remaining few hours and thank them for making your 2016 a blast. Thank them for making you the best of you in 2016 and thank them for being your pillar of support and for preparing you to face 2017 in a better perspective.

SPECIAL MESSAGE TO MY LOVE ONES


Nigel, thanks for always being my strength. You never cease in pushing me forward whenever I am about to give up. You bring out the best and the worst of me. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Miriam, thank you so much for being the motivator and the friend that I have been yearning for. Seeing how you strive in your career serves as a reminder to me that I have to be proactive in order to be able to achieve greater heights.


The Ooi Family, thanks for being patient with me ๐Ÿ˜™


Gary, thanks for being my boss and for always being patient with my tardiness ๐Ÿ˜‹ I would not have been able to grow to become who I am in 2016 and in 2017 if it wasn't for the "safe ground" that you have created for me. 


Keep Calm and Sampat Group, thanks for being the sampat group during and after university! Can't wait for our convocation next year!


Pokemon Trainers Club (upgraded to Pokemon Master Club for 2017) thanks for being the craziest group I can ever have.

Joel and Adam, also, thanks for always having me as your third bro :D I shall get that Onitsuka shoes soon to be a full fledge bro.



Caden and Clarethanks for ending my 2016 with a bang!

And to the rest of you who has known me since high school, in university, and at work thank you so so much for being part of my life and for making an impact in my life in every way. I would not have been who I am today if it weren't for you guys, the names listed above would have meant nothing either if it weren't for you.


Well, that sums up my 2016, and these were the people who had made me the best of me in 2016. So, what's yours?

Julie's biscuit has created a platform for this sole purpose - to take some time off and appreciate the people around you. So, take this time and take the people around you by sharing your story at The Best Of You's main site or facebook page. Keep the movement going as it may impact another person's life in ways that you can never imagine.

Till then, cheers to 2016 and see you on 2017!

With love,
Tara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Reckoning Girl