Sunday, March 22, 2015

My Very Own Home Spa Essentials

Who says only rich or financially stable people can have spa treatments? All you need are some of these basic beauty products to have your very own home spa session.

The items in the picture above are sponsored products but my views remains transparent

Most people perceived that spa is a form of relaxation for the mind and body using spring minerals which can be achieved from going to a resort or store. The perception is partially true as spa's true purpose is to relax and rejuvenate your tired body from long hours of working. Which is why, you can actually stay in the comfort of your own home and treat your body to a nice spa without the need to head out to a resort or a beauty store for one.

Here's my idea of a home made spa to pamper and reward my body after a long working days whenever I can.

A spa would never be one if you don't let the warm water run down your body or dip yourself in a warm tub, thus I kick off my home spa by getting myself into a shower/tub and with the water temperature to warm (depending on the time and climate, sometimes I opt for a cold shower due to the hot temperature of Malaysia).

After running the water from head to toe and my body has gotten comfortable with the temperature, I would run my hair with Matrix Biolage Shampoo Smoothproof shampoo, previously due to its' sweet floral scent that it gives out when open, use and also after rinse. The smell would linger and it distresses my mind after a long day at work or assignment deadlines. Recently, I had stopped using it not because I dislike it but because I colored my hair and I didn't had the time to shop for Matrix Biolage Shampoo Color Last due to my busy schedule. So, I just randomly grabbed a colored shampoo that I could find in the local supermarket near me. Moving on, I'll give my scalp a good massage for at least 3-5 minutes and rinse thoroughly. I'll apply a hair masque and leave it on for at least 3-5minutes (depending on product use) before rinsing it off. While waiting for my hair masque to settle, I'll give my body a nice scrub with exfoliating body scrub. I personally love to use Ginvera's Real Spa Lavender Body Scrub to scrub off the dead skin. This would give my body a nice refreshing sensation and allows my skin to rejuvenate. After wash off and dry myself up I'll run through my fingers onto my hair with C.Michael's Hair Serum on my towel-dried hair followed by Vaseline Body Lotion and Loccitane Arlésienne Velvet Hand Cream. The need for lotion application after shower especially the hands is to help retain the moisture and hydration from the hot showers and house chores. With that, we're pretty much done with the body spa.

Now, let's move on for a face spa!

After cleansing and prep my face with my daily regimen, I would usually slot in mask sheets right before/after toner(depending on brands) such as Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Mask Sheet and Nature Republic Snail Solution Hydrogel Mask Sheet to replenish my face moisture and to soothe my face redness due to long working hours under an air-conditioning and also standing under the hot blazing sun of Malaysia during shoot. Whenever I am free, I would try to do a clay mask using Khiel's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Clay Masque to keep my face pores cleansed from clogged up dirts or make-up residues.

A weekly or monthly face mask spa isn't enough to help keep your face skin healthy. Being a masters student, a producer for a production house, a writer for GenYes.my and a blogger hasn't given me much time to hit a spa shop or a proper well scheduled, consistent face spa regimen. So, for a quick relief of all the tensions and stress accumulated on my face, I usually keep my face soothe on a daily basis before setting my makeup with Always 21 Aloe Vera Soothing Gel Mist. Though when I first received it and tried on a few times, I felt like I was just spraying water on my face, it doesn't have any soothing effect either but nevertheless I continued using and I realized that my usual redness on my skin due to heat has been reduced.

And there you have it, my very own personal spa retreat for my face, body and hair without the need to hit the spa store and all within the comfort of my own home.

With love,
Tara
Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I have the same haircare but the pink one. It's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr! I heard that the pink one is as good as the yellow one but sadly I couldn't find it at my local area's supermarket and I needed a hair wash, like ASAP :<

      Delete
  2. Lovely.. I used to use Biolage long ago when I was in Australia a few years back... and the smell is still the same... huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's so good to have it in Malaysia now. More choices and good shampoos to use <3

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 Reckoning Girl