Friday, May 20, 2016

Half-Blue Headed Unicorn @ Akihairstudio, Verveshops, Mont Kiara



If you have met me recently or followed me on Instagram and Facebook, you will realize that I have recently dyed my hair to a beautiful mid-way blue hue dye all thanks to Akihairstudios @ Verveshop amazing handwork of Masa, Store Manager.

After my previous two-tone hair dye at HairFancier @ Da:Men, I stayed on with the fade off silver dye (or more of a yellow/bleached hair) and a 2cm long of natural hair. You can imagine how messed up my hair would look like, right? I wasn't complaining, but my friends and boss (yes, even my boss) was. Every time they see me they were bickering that I should fix my hair because it looks like a dog poop (it seems). I did not fix it when my natural hair started growing was because:
1) I had no time
2) I was short of cash (spent too much binge eating to release stress)


I am not going to lie, maintaining a bleached hair is NOT easy. Every month you HAVE to spend some cash in doing hair treatments because after bleaching, your hair will look like a raccoon's butt ALL THE TIME. It's utterly dry, fizzy and puffy. Another thing is, the awesome color you picked after making your poor hair goes through hell, will fade in 2 washes. No kidding, every time you wash your hair, even with colored shampoo, your hair color will change. That's kind of the cool part as you will look different every other day yet, not so cool especially if you paid RM500++ for it.

Okay, going back to how I landed myself in Akihairstudios was because Miriam was kind enough to be my manager and planned a trip for me to visit them <3

AKIHAIRSTUDIOS @ VERVESHOP

Aki Hair Studios boutique-concept salon owned by a suave Japan born and trained hair stylist,
Masayuki Akiyama. Inspired by the seasonal trends of Japanese hair styling and the sophisticated classic styles of Europe, Aki Hair Studio prides itself on providing the best cut, technique and extensive hair knowledge for customers seeking manageable hair styles that are beautiful and natural.

Aki Hair Studios used to be located at level 2. Just recently they have moved up to level 6 of Verveshop to expand their business to accommodate a nail salon, Yui Nail Salon. In all honestly, I believe the shift was a great idea as the location is now located at the rooftop where it has an amazing view and the walk paths are not shaded, it is the perfect for insta-worthy photos.


I was attended by Masa, the store manager. He is one of the most friendly, polite, soft-spoken and cheerful hairstylist I have ever met. Whenever he attends to me he would always smile and apologizes for not being able to provide my hair 100% attention as he had to handle another customer who's under his care. English is definitely not his first language as both of us struggles to converse but he would still try his best to keep the conversation going. He is also very attentive to my needs as every few minutes he would check if I am getting the best service from him and his team.


I am a person who's pretty indecisive with colors as all the hair dyes I've seen online are always soo pretty~! And I have this fear that has been instilled in me by an extremely bad hair salon experience when I was in high school that had made me become extremely concerned about how I would look like so, I was really really indecisive. Fortunately, Masa definitely did a great job in recommending to be the color though what he described to me was totally different from the end-result. I thought I will be having a full head blue and silver on my ends but nope, it's light brown on the top and mid-way blue. It was probably due to the language barrier but who cares right, as long as I get to step out of the salon looking like awesome.


HOURS SPENT
No more than 2hours.
Reason: No bleaching was involve. Only Cut and Color.

CONCLUSION
I definitely love how they are very familiar with fringes as Miriam and I loves their handwork when we gave them little to almost no request or guidance on how to snip our fringe. They are pretty quick and efficient with their work and timing too.

I would definitely head back there some time again soon for a hair treatment as I did not get to give my hair some love with their LebeL hair products which I heard it is extremely good for scalp conditions as it protects and restore damage to it.


RATINGS
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For more information about AkiHairStudios (click on the links):
Official Website
Official Facebook Page

Address:
Verveshop Mont'Kiara
Unit 2-1 Level 2
No. 8, Jalan Kiara 5
Contact Number: +603 - 6206 5206

Till then...

With love,
Tara
Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Yes!! Seriously love the hair cut especially. My fringe needs a trim pronto again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Seriously love the hair cut especially. My fringe needs a trim pronto again!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Reckoning Girl