Sunday, February 11, 2018

Slickest Ultrabook: Dell Inspiron 13 7000



WHY DO I LIKE IT?
  • It's slick
  • It's light yet durable
  • Strong performance for a tiny little guy at an affordable price
  • 2-in-1 hinge - ability to bend at 360 degrees
WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT?
  • It's not a gaming laptop
Remember the last post on Inspiron 7000 series launch at Lowyat Mall? (click here if you didn't)

Well, lucky me! I got to test out one of their user-favorite budget ultrabooks; Inspiron 13 7000 for a month.

Who loves going around with a big and bulky laptop? Well, definitely not me. I mean, who loves to carry around an 8KG weight with them everywhere they go? Regardless if it's for work, personal use especially, holidays when you just need to backup, check and edit your travel experience.
H-A-S-S-L-E.

THE INSPIRON 13 7000 2-IN-1



And here's the good stuff - Dell recently updated their Inspiron 13 7000 with the latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U CPU processor (8MB Cache up to 4.0 GHz), Intel UHD Graphics 620, 8GB RAM with 256GB solid-state drive packed into a 13.3inch FHD IPS Truelife LED-Backlit Touch Display with wide viewing angles-IR Camera for the price off RM5899!

Source: SOOMPI - My Love from the Stars

PERSONAL COMPATIBILITY
This baby is one of the most awesome 13-inch ultrabooks that I have ever tried. Most compact laptops come with limitations - e.g., slow loading time, overheating and poor resolutions just to name a few. The Inspiron 13 on the other hand really amazes me as it was actually able to handle photo editing - e.g. Lightroom & Photoshop. Not only that, this baby comes with a 2-in-1 hinge that allows it to be bent up to 360°. I can finally watch all my favorite TV-series, K-Drama & movies in any possible position/angle!

RATINGS
★ ★ ★ ★ 



WORK COMPATIBILITY
This is your best partner in crime - flashing out this baby to my clients during meetings definitely got them jaw-dropping especially the fact that it is touch-screen. It loads really fast even with multiple tabs running with the addition of a wide viewing angle display. It's definitely way portable than my current 15-inch laptop as it is lighter and an average of 7 hours of usage on battery alone.

RATINGS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

DURABILITY
I did not manage to do a drop test on this at all as I can't get myself to drop this baby and have it scratch but according to Dell, the chassis is made of aluminum which is supposed to be durable enough to withstand light knocks.

BATTERY LIFE
Believe it or not, this baby can last me through up to 7 1/2 hours for work which includes web surfing, sending out emails, while listening to my favourite playlist on Spotify! That to me is pretty darn impressive. If you are a movie buff, the battery can only provide an average of about 4 hours for movies in full brightness.


AUDIO
If you're looking for a laptop that will be able to provide you with bass thumping sounds, you are better off investing in a separate speaker. If having the best audio isn't your main concern, the Inspiron 13 7000 audio will do just fine. In fact, the volume when put to max level, is pretty loud for a tiny guy thus, making it perfect for meeting presentations.

DISPLAY
Display wise, the elegant thin-bezel will provide you with the best movie binge experience in the comfort of your own home. Besides that, the Full HD IPS touch display comes with a wide-angle viewing screen which really comes in handy during meetings and discussions.

OVERALL VERDICT
I was 90% close to trading off my current laptop for this new baby but I can only live sanely with the existence of games. Thus, the only sad part that the Inspiron 13 7000 was not able to satisfy me was the fact that it is not powerful enough to support games such as League of Legends - which then again meets only the needs of my personal interest.


In a nutshell, if you are on a look-out for a laptop that is not too bulky for work & personal use, look no further because this is the best companion anyone could ever ask for.

OVERALL RATINGS
★ ★ ★ ★ 

For more information, head on over to:
Dell Malaysia Official Site

With love,
Tara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Reckoning Girl